There’s no doubt that Pokémon Go is a worldwide phenomena, but the question is why. It seems like the mobile game app took over the world overnight, and it’s crazy to think how Nintendo pulled this off. All the Pokémon craziness has got me thinking, so below are the top reasons why Pokémon Go is so Popular.
- First off, when Pokémon first arrived in the United States it was a phenomena just like the app is today. Those kids who loved the video games, trading cards, and anime back in 1998 are now in their mid 20’s to early 30’s. That’s the perfect age for something to be nostalgic. You now can be a real Pokémon Master!
- It’s free to play. This one explains itself, but for those who want to feel the nostalgicness of Pokémon can do it at no risk.
- The next obvious reason for the app’s popularity is that it has easy connectivity and accessibility. Whether you have an Android or Apple device you can still play with everyone around you.
- It’s social! I have to say that this is the first mobile game that has everyone talking to each other. All you have to do is go to a popular public place and you will see everyone playing this game. You simply have to look up and you will see tons of people making the recognizable Pokémon flicks and taps.
- It reached a tipping point almost overnight, so the popularity basically builds on itself through word of mouth.