First off, I’m a big fan of the original short story by HP Lovecraft and his writings in general, so naturally I had to have this. On top of that I’m a fan of the first film, but sadly the sequel hash’t gotten the same treatment as the original film until now. This edition is loaded with special features, and has three discs in this set. Arrow really did hit a home run! That being said, Arrow films did an awesome job transferring the film to Blu-Ray. I understand that this is a cult film, so some might be unfamiliar with it.
In that case all you really need to know is that Dr. Herbert West is a crazy mad scientist who wants nothing more than to re-animate the dead and see his experiments come to life. At the same time he is paranoid that if he publishes his work and goes about his discoveries the legal way his work all be stollen. It is this that defines Dr. West as a mad scientist and a memorable character.
The bottom line is if you like cheese 80’s horror movies with an HP Lovecraft twist then this film is for you. Furthermore, if you want this edition I recommend picking it up quick, because it is limited to only 5,000 copies and is already out of print. The cool thing about this Collector’s Edition is that it comes with a prequel comic book and premium slipcase.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 2K restorations of the Unrated and R-rated versions of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Limited Edition Collector s Booklet
- Limited Edition Packaging to be revealed
DISCS 1 & 2 BLU-RAY/DVD UNRATED VERSION
- Brand new 2K restoration of the Unrated version
- Brand new audio commentary with Brian Yuzna
- Audio Commentary with Brian Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, visual effects supervisor Tom
- Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Bob Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
- Audio Commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
- Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-animator brand new featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-animator sequel
- Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-animator Brand new FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
- Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
- Deleted Scenes
DISC 3 – BLU-RAY R-RATED VERSION
- Brand new 2K restoration of the R-rated version