There truly isn’t anything like the groundbreaking film, 2001: A Space Odyssey. This is a collection of posters that are just as amazing as the film.
- It’s unfortunate that most people will never own one of these posters. Not only is the art slightly trippy, but they’re also extremely rare. That’s because this was a private commission done by Kilian Eng with only 15 regular editions and 15 variant editions with 3 AP sets were made. That’s a total of 18 prints per edition. The cool thing about the variant is that it glows in the dark. (Size 24×36).
- Next up, is another rare poster by Mike Caplan. This poster is partially rare because it was never distributed in the United States. (Size 27×41).
- To me, this poster feels simple and complex at the same time. Perhaps, I feel this way because of Timothy Doyle’s use of simple use of color and how he fits all the major events of the film in one piece of art. (Size 16×26, Edition Size of 300)
- You can’t have a list of awesome 2001: A Space Odyssey posters without one of the originals. Of course this poster from 1968 has a retro vibe to it. it’s also worth noting that this poster is extremely rare to find it in near mint condition due to the fact that most posters were folded back then. (Size 27×41)
- This is another rare classic 2001: A Space Odyssey poster, but this particular one is actually a re-issue from 1980. (Size 27×41).
- We have another Space Odyssey original here from 1968! Good luck finding this one in good condition for a decent price. The good news is that there’s a much more affordable re-issued version that was released in 1995. (Original & Re-Issued Size: 14×36).
There’s not very many posters out there for 2001: A Space Odyssey, but hopefully Mondo will come out with some soon. If I remember correctly Mondo announced during MondoCon 3 that they had the licenses to produce art from Stanley Kubrick’s films.