I’ve been collecting Mondo prints for five years now, but there are certain prints that are just really hard to get your hands on. This is my list of my most desired Holy Grails from Mondo. For those of you who don’t know, a Holy Grail is something that is super hard to find. In most cases they rarely show up on eBay and are typically very expensive.
10. Akira by Tyler Stout. On average this print sells for around $1,000 and only 180 were made
9. Jaws by Laurent Durieux. This one sells for an average of $1,400 and only 525 were printed. As most know Mondo Prints can sell out in seconds. This was one of? those times. Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough.
8. The Goonies by Randy Ortiz. The average sale price for this print is $275 and only 320 were printed.
7. Jurassic Park by Francesco Francavilla. This is one of the cheaper grails, but it is still highly desired. Only 400 were printed and sells for an average of $210.
6. The Thing by Drew Struzan. This one is going up in value but the six month average is 345. Only 435 were printed.
5. Princess Mononoke by Olly Moss. Olly Moss never seems to disappoint, so it’s easy to see why this print is so popular. Only 430 were printed and was only sold at San Diego Comic Con. The average sold price is $350.
4. Birds by Laurent Durieux. Only 375 of these gems were printed with an average sold price close to $500. That being said, the price is starting to flatten.
3. The Star Wars Trilogy by Tyler Stout. This set sells for well over $2,000 and only 850 of each print was printed. This set also had a variant set that sells for much more than the regular.
2. Howl’s Moving Castle by Olly Moss. Definitely one of the cheapest prints on this list, but it’s still a Grail to me. 430 were printed and sells for an average of $170.
1. My Neighbor Totoro by Olly Moss. As you can guess from this list, Olly Moss is my favorite artist. This print was limited to 420 prints and sells for an average of $840.