Today, Mondo announced the dates for MondoCon 4. It’s hard to believe that it’s been four years already. For those who are unaware, Mondo produces high quality pop culture posters, vinyl records, toys, t-shirts and much more. MondoCon 4 will be held in Austin November 4th-5th. As far as the location, MondoCon 4 will be held at the Austin American-Statesman (305 S. Congress Avenue) in downtown Austin.
EXHIBITOR LINE-UP / Round One
Sam Wolfe Connelly
Industry Print Shop
The National Poster Retrospecticus
Phantom City Creative
Stan & Vince
Tiny Kitten Teeth
Matt Ryan Tobin
- Book a Hotel within walking distance of the venue. If you’re like me you’re going to buy a lot of prints & goodies, so it’s nice have a place close by to drop everything off.
- I recommend booking either the Embassy Hilton or The Hyatt Regency Austin Downtown. Both are walking distance to the convention.
- Bring a few poster tubes. You don’t want to jam too many prints in one tube, so bring 2-4 tubes. I recommend 2 prints to a tube, maybe 3.
- Get in line early. The most important thing is to make sure you’re in the correct line. Last year I made the mistake of getting in the wrong line. Luckily, I still got what I wanted, but it cost me extra time. I could had use that time enjoying the rest of the Con, but instead I was in line.
- Plan your budget. There’s obviously posters to buy, but also vinyl records, pins, alcohol, and food trucks to name a few things Mondo offers.
- Join Mondo Trader on Facebook to keep track of what everyone is talking about.
- Follow Mondo on Twitter.
- Keep an eye on new announcements.
- Have fun!
Screening Location Info Below:
“MondoCon is a celebration of everything we love, featuring incredible artists & creators from around the world, panels, screenings, food trucks, & interactive events. This is the fourth annual MondoCon and we can’t wait for you guys to see what we have planned!”
“Due to capacity restrictions, MondoCon has a limited number of tickets available for each day. There may be a limited number of stand-by tickets available at The Austin American-Statesman on each day of the event and will be sold based on available capacity.”
What to expect (MondoCon 3):