Best Streaming Boxes Buying Guide
I’ve tried quite a lot of different streaming boxes, and over the years I’ve come to learn which ones work best. This guide will explain all features, and content that each box offers.
- Amazon Fire TV: The Fire TV is one of the best streaming boxes you can buy for the money. It’s one of the best values you can get for only $99, but on top of that it is packed with a massive collection of content. Not only is The Fire TV a great media streamer, but it’s also a micro console with some pretty good games in it. The Fire TV has great games that include Sev Zero, Grand Theft Auto III, Minecraft, The Walking Dead, Sonic and much more. It also has one of the largest selections of video and music apps that include Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle, YouTube, Showtime Anytime, HBO (coming soon), Pandora, Amazon Music, IHeart Radio, and much more. There’s just too many great apps to list them all here, but just know that The Fire TV is one of the best! Find
Amazon Fire TV Here!
- Apple TV: The Apple TV was one of my first streaming boxes that I’ve ever tried, but unfortunately it simply does not live up to the apple name. This device may have many of the same Video and Music apps as the Fire TV, but without the added features the Fire TV has. I also found the Amazon Fire TV to have the simplest setups out of all the media streamers that I’ve ever tried.
- Roku 3: The Roku has many of the same apps that the Fire TV has, but it’s lacking in processing power, and memory. The Amazon Fire TV has 2 GBs of memory where Roku only has 512 MBs. Furthermore, Roku 3 has less than 100 games, and is not competetively priced to other streaming boxes.
Find Roku 3 Streaming Media Player Here!
- Google Chromecast: By far the worst streaming device that I’ve ever used. First off a device like this needs to be simple to use, but the Chromecast is far from simple. secondly, once you set it up on one Wi-Fi you can not set it up on a second. All I got out of this device was frustration, and I highly recommend staying away from it!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)