Why Video Game Consoles Are Here To Stay
Over the last few years there has been an growing trend that the video game console market will sone be obsolete, but that’s complete bull, and here are the reasons why consoles are here to stay.
- New technologies like Virtual Reality will pump new life into the video game market and convert casual gamers into a new segment of hardcore gamers.
- Small set top boxes and mobile platforms may have a ton of cheap games, but the quality and reliability of said games will never be anything like the quality and performance of console games like the Playstation or Xbox.
- Simple set top boxes will never replace advanced gaming consoles, because as these simplistic machines are not designed for the video game market and in turn aren’t nearly as powerful. But to go further with that point if a set top box did become more powerful by increasing its graphics and gaming capabilities it will essentially just be a video game console, so we’re back were we started!
- Internet speed are finally fast enough to connect more gamers than ever before thought possible at the same time, and hence fuel the gaming passions of gamers throughout the world. You can now play with you’re buddy who lives on the other side of the planet, so with that kind of connectivity why will gamers stop gaming? They won’t!
- Video games are excellent platforms to tell stories, and with better capabilities than in the past game developers finally have the right tools to make awesome stories come to life.
- We can now watch live TV on our video game consoles with apps such as Sling TV and Playstation Vue. These services turns your gaming console into a state of the art entertainment console, so in the end a video game console is now much more than a gaming machine.